Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Successful People Are Helpful!



Years ago, I read some valuable words of wisdom from renowned business leader Douglas Conant. He relayed the following experience, which occurred shortly after he lost a job early in his career:

I went to an outplacement counselor; a man by the name of Neil MacKenna. Every time Neil would answer the phone he would say, "Hello, this is Neil MacKenna, how can I help?"
With those four words, "How can I help?" Neil changed my entire work life. He helped me see beyond my own agenda to discover the fulfillment of starting every interaction with a desire to be helpful.
This was a very powerful lesson, delivered in four words. It took all of two seconds.
Most of the time, it doesn't take much to be helpful. A minute to help a colleague carry a heavy load, another to walk someone to a location that's difficult to find.
By cultivating an attitude of helpfulness, you make an impactful difference that others notice.

- Justin Bariso

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Latest Trends In Business Administration

  The world of business administration is constantly evolving, and staying up-to-date with the latest trends is crucial for success in this ...